|TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES IN AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL (30 CANDIDATES)|
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMMUNICATION
TANZANIA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES IN
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL (30 CANDIDATES)
The Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA) was established to regulate the civil aviation industry to ensure effective implementation of Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) as provided in the Annexes to the Chicago Convention on the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and secure a safe and secure civil aviation environment in the United Republic of Tanzania. To meet this mandate of regulating and overseeing the functions of the aviation industry in an efficient, sustainable and cost-effective manner, and provision of air navigation services, TCAA invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanian Citizens to fill in the following vacant position;
TCAA is looking for energetic young Tanzanians, which are medically fit to train in Air Ttraffic Control.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR APPLICANTS:
- Holder's of B.Sc. Degree Majoring in Mathematics and Physics
- GPA 3.0 and above
- Passes at Secondary Education level in English and Geography at grade C or above.
- Must have a good command of written and spoken English (to at least level 4 of the ICAO Language Proficiency rating scale).
- Must be computer literate
- Must be between the age of 22 and 25 years by the closing date of this application.
- Must be Tanzanian Citizens (attach copy of Birth-certificate)
CANDIDATES MUST ALSO SHOW EVIDENCE OF:
- Ability to concentrate and think logically
- Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations
- Confidence with technology
- Emotional stability
- High level of numeracy or technical knowledge
- Error awareness and good interpersonal skills
- Conscientiousness and rule adherence
- Ability to work in a team
Candidates meeting the above qualifications will be called for interview, which will comprise of an Aptitude Test, English Proficiency Test followed by Oral interview and later medical examination. TCAA will sponsor the successful candidates for the course.
The course will be conducted at the Civil Aviation Training Centre (CATC), Julius Nyerere International Airport Terminal I. The Authority will pay daily stipend to cover for accommodation, meals and transport expenses.
The duration of the course is about one year, staggered in appropriate phases and trainees will be required to pass regular tests and examinations at the end of each phase in order to continue with the next phase. At the end of the training, the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority will employ the successful candidates as Air Traffic Management Officers.
Qualifying candidates should apply in their own handwriting and lodge their applications at the address below enclosing:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae;
- Two recent passport size photographs;
- Contact address of candidate including telephone number(s) and email addresses;
- Names and contact addresses of two referees.
Selected candidates will be required to sign a bond to serve the Authority for a minimum period of three (3) years on successful completion of the training.
The respective post being applied for should be clearly marked on top of the envelope as follows: "APPLICATION FOR TRAINING IN AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL".
Applicants will be required to meet their own costs for travel, accommodation and other matters in relation to the interview.
Female candidates and candidates from Zanzibar are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 25th March 2018
Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority
Banana Ukonga Junction,
P.O. Box 2819,
DAR ES SALAAM